4 Apr 2009

Water aerobics

I've decided to take up water aerobics. I thought it might be fun, swimming round in circles with a bunch of old ladies wearing swimming caps. I mean, it can't be all that difficult, can it? I haven't gotten up the courage to sign up just yet, I thought I might leave it for a while. I'm still persuading my mother to join up with me - then I won't feel so out of place! I think I might pass on the swimming cap, though. I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. A good thought. Maybe you should leave it there

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got into water aerobics 2 years ago and have made it a priority at least 4 days per week. I am one of those "old ladies" but I don't wear a swimming cap and I certainly don't swimm around in circles. Water aerobics along with changing my diet to a healtheir lifestyle, has enabled me to lose 52 lbs. in 13 months and I can now walk up a flight of stairs without effort and walk 1 mile every day. I have arthritis in my knees and couldn walk more than a few feet. Climbing stairs was out and I usually had to be pushed in a wheelchair when I went shopping. Don't underestimate the power of excercise or the ability of "old people."

    ReplyDelete