1 June 2009

Snow cones

One of my favourite things in the whole world, and who doesn't love snow cones? Shaved ice stuffed into a degradable paper cone, liberally watered with grape, watermelon, lemon, orange, bubblegum, blue raspberry or something else, even topped with some sour sprinkle... mmmmm..... Can't you taste it now? There is little I like more. And it's been forever since I've had one. A good one, anyways.

You know how you can get some that's just ice chips? And you have to crunch them, and that's no fun. They taste gross, too. And there's the ones where they give you a dribble of flavouring, or too much (like hardly ever) and it just tastes like water or straight cordial?

But when they get the mix right... when they have that beautiful sour topping... when it's crushed or shaved ice and it melts in your mouth... now that is something else. Mmmm. My favourite has to be grape, but only with sour, and I like bubblegum (shame on me) even though it's a bit too sweet sometimes. Yum. Sure wish I had one now...


What's your favourite?

Perhaps a mix, like our friend here?

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment